Scroll to Top

Cardi B 'sued by former manager for $10M' claiming he discovered star and orchestrated her massive succes

By newadmin / Published on Saturday, 28 Apr 2018 02:15 AM / No Comments / 60 views


Cardi B is being sued by her ex-manager for a huge $10million, according to US reports.

The US rapper, whose real name is Belcalis Almanzar, left Klenord “Shaft” Raphael for a new management group, who also looks after the likes of Migos, last month.

Shaft claims he discovered the 25-year-old in 2015 and had a huge impact on her meteoric rise to fame over the past year.

“Since discovering Cardi B in 2015, Shaft has played an integral role in developing her music career and public image,” Shaft’s spokesperson said in a statement to Variety.

While he is proud of their successful collaborations as she evolved from Instagram influencer to music megastar, Shaft is disappointed by her actions to freeze him out of her career, which are detailed in the complaint.

“Shaft is confident that his lawsuit will validate his conduct and substantiate his legal claims.”

Cardi previously worked as a stripper, and later gained fame on social media before appearing as a cast member in US reality TV series Love And Hip Hop: New York.

Variety reports that Shaft is claiming he orchestrated the rapper’s relationship with VH1, who broadcast Love & Hip Hop, while developing her music career and putting her in contact with lots of big players in the music business.

Mirror Online has contacted a representative for Cardi for comment.

It comes after the rapper reassured fans she will still be “working my ass off” despite cancelling a number of live shows due to her pregnancy.

Earlier this month, the 25-year-old, who is engaged to Migos rapper Offset, revealed she was expecting during a performance on Saturday Night Live.

In an Instagram video on Thursday, the star told fans her set at Broccoli City Festival in Washington DC this weekend will be her “last performance for a little while”, because “shorty keep growing”.

Now, Cardi has moved to reassure fans she will still be working despite cancelling her live shows.

Offset and Cardi at the BET Awards in 2017

She tweeted to her near three million followers: “Okay so I might be off from doing performances for a couple of months but in the meantime imma be working my ass off.

“So many songs, features to do. Working on a lot of deals I sign up for and most importantly nesting. I’m already overwhelmed from the new work.”

The rapper’s cancelled dates include performances in Norway, Ireland and the United States.

She had already announced the cancellation of her Wireless Festival set.

Cardi said she would be taking some time off

Cardi B released the critically acclaimed album Invasion Of Privacy earlier this month.

The record features collaborations with a number of big names in the hip hop and R& B worlds, including Migos, Chance The Rapper, SZA and Kehlani.

Cardi burst on to the music scene in summer 2017 with the release of her debut single Bodak Yellow.

The rapper has already won a handful of music industry accolades in the past year, including five BET Hip Hop Awards, and has been nominated for a Mobo and two Grammys, among others.

She became engaged to Offset in October 2017, after they started dating earlier that year.