The latest Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta/preview was released today with version 184.108.40.206. The update contains several bug fixes, some parity changes with the Java Edition, as well as tweaks to camel mobs and bamboo blocks, among other things.
Thanks to the wide availability of the Bedrock edition across multiple platforms, fans can access the beta/preview on Xbox consoles, the Windows 10 PC edition, as well as Android and iOS devices.
However, turning on and downloading the new beta/preview requires different steps depending on the platform the player is enjoying Minecraft on.
Luckily for fans, downloading is easy and fast thanks to the new Minecraft Preview system, which has replaced the previous beta program for increased functionality.
Downloading the latest beta/preview of Minecraft is easy thanks to the Preview program
As long as you have a copy of Bedrock Edition on your device, you should be able to opt into the game’s preview program in no time.
Getting to the program itself and downloading the preview may require some effort and knowledge, depending on the device. However, it shouldn’t take long regardless of the platform.
Download Preview on Xbox
- On your Xbox’s primary dashboard or Xbox Game Pass Library screen, search for “Minecraft Preview” and click on the product page that appears. Select the download button and the preview will be installed on your console. The preview will be separate from your standard Minecraft installation, so you’ll need to make sure you’ve selected the preview icon in your dashboard or library to play it.
Download preview on Windows 10 PCs
- Get going https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/minecraft-preview-for-windows/9p5x4qvlc2xr and sign in with your Microsoft credentials using the button in the upper right corner of the page. Here you should be able to select the download preview button.
- If you can’t find the download button on the page (Mojang has reported that there are some issues), you can also search for Minecraft Preview via the Microsoft Store app.
- If you have Xbox Game Pass for PC, you can also find the preview by opening the Xbox app and searching for it the same way you would on a console.
- Finally, you can use the official Minecraft Launcher, select Bedrock Edition from the sidebar, and select “View” at the top of the home page. You can then press the Install button to install and play the game.
Download preview on Android
- Go to the Google Play store and go to the official store page of the game.
- Scroll down until you find the segment that says “Join Beta” and hit the Join link.
- Once the login is complete (takes a few minutes), your game app should start updating to the preview version. Once it’s done, simply tap the app on your device and enjoy.
Download preview on iOS
- Get going https://testflight.apple.com/join/qC1ZnReJ to sign up for a review program through Apple’s Testflight service. Depending on the number of players who have already signed up, you may have to wait a while until the program is full. Otherwise, sign in using your Apple credentials as you would when signing in to your account.
- Once you’ve successfully signed up for the Testflight program, you’ll need to update your game app to the latest version. This should only take a few moments, and then you can dive in and enjoy the new features. Please note that you will need to log into the game and play at least once a month to avoid being kicked out of Testflight and losing access to the preview.
That’s all. Of course, it may take a few moments until you’re set up with a review, but once you do, there’s no obligation.
As long as you have a legal copy of Bedrock Edition in your Mojang/Microsoft account, you can come back and access the new features for the latest preview whenever you want.