Preston North End host Luton Town at Deepdale on Wednesday in another round of EFL Championship football.
The hosts have hit a difficult run of form in recent weeks, consequently falling behind in the promotion race. They were beaten 3-0 by leaders Burnley in their last league outing and could have had no complaints after a toothless performance in which they attempted just five shots all game.
Preston North End is in 12th place in the league table with 40 points from 30 games. They will look to shake off their recent results and get their campaign back on track this week.
Luton, meanwhile, have had mixed results this season but are well on their way to securing back-to-back play-off appearances. They were held to a 1-1 draw by 10-man Coventry City in their last game and perhaps deserved more of the game as they created good chances but failed to convert them.
Preston North End vs Luton Town head to head and key numbers
- There have been 51 meetings between Preston and Luton. The hosts have 27 of those victories, while the guests celebrated 14 times. There have been 10 draws between these two teams.
- The two teams have alternated wins in the last four matches, with Preston winning 1-0 in the last clash.
- The Lilywhites are without a goal in their last six games in all competitions.
- Luton have won 27 points on away games in the league this season. Only Sheffield United and Burnley (28) collected more.
- Preston have won 12 points at home this season. Only Wigan Athletic (12) picked up less.
- The Hatters have conceded 14 away goals this season, which is the second fewest in the championship so far.
Preston North End vs Luton Town Prediction
Preston are on a three-game losing streak and have now lost four of their last five games in all competitions. They have lost six of their last seven home games and could struggle here.
Luton, on the other hand, have lost just one of their last seven games in all competitions. They have three wins and a draw in their last four away league games and should be top here.
Prediction: Preston North End 0-2 Luton Town
Preston North End vs Luton Town Betting Tips
Type 1 – Result: Luton
Tip 2 – Goals – Over/Under 2.5 – Under 2.5 goals (four of the last six games between the two sides have scored under 2.5 goals)
Tip 3 – Both teams to score: NO (Both sides have scored in just one of the last six meetings)